NIC ONE AEROSOL KINGS, PAINTING IN THE SOUTH BRONX.

Wall painting is always fun for me and with each new piece brings a new level of excitement. I mostly freestyle my pieces because I love the freedom to just create and not limit myself to a regimental type of piece. I’m a slave to style and it’s exaggerated flows and the main way to feel that is for me to freestyle my pieces. I did the base follow the outline type of piecing and it was good because you have to stick to the establishing lines that you drew. Base style has its merit. You have to start somewhere and you have to establish a ground to learn from and to work off of and grow off of. After 20 plus years you should know yourself and your style. You should have grown to understand style and it’s dynamic esthetics. In my case I do and I have pushed myself to be more fluid without looking to a base source such as an outline, for a reference source. As a result of many years of pushing myself, I am now able to create a super elaborate semi complex piece that looks equal to pieces that I would draw on paper. By this definition one could call me a style master because I have no restrictions and I follow no base. I can create a piece without need of any line source for guidance. And execute each and every part of a structured piece from its beginning to its end and arrive with a fully produced piece that has a hint of coming from an base outline form, even though it never did.  

 

Comments