The Villager AMNY Newsletter/CITY OF KINGS: A History of New York City Graffiti.

This was a great night with an equally great turnout for the Howl Happening Art Gallery located in The Lower East section of Manhattan. I was asked by Eric (DEAL CIA) Felisbert to be featured in the event and show some of my New York Subway Graffiti Photos. My images would be a part of a photo montage that would be veiwable of a TV monitor in the Art Gallery. Along with Subway Graffiti Images provided by, Henry Clafant, Martha Cooper, Charlie Ahearn and Kieth Baugh. I was very happy to see my subway photos on the monitor in such an ominous setting. There were so many old school writers inside the gallery I ran into many well known writers and at times while I was talking or greeting another fellow graffiti writers I would look around and notice a lot of graffiti writers that I knew. I instantly got caught up in signing some black books and tee shirts, stickers, boxes, etc, etc. It's all fun for me. The gallery got packed pretty quickly and from what I heard there was a line outside of the place that went down the block. There was a timeline that was a representation of the Graffiti Culture. It went from one side of the room to the other showing points of great moments from the culture. Time flew by and things came to an end. When I finally went outside, which was the end of the event, as the gallery started flicking the lights off and on and telling us to leave, once I stepped outside, there were lots of people outside in front of the gallery. Mostly graffiti writers doing what we do best, meet and greet each other, and lots and lots of signing of, Black Books, Subway Maps, Canvas, Wood Boards and Clothing. There's a lot of love in this culture of ours. That I witnessed that night. I signed a few books and greeted some more graffiti writers that I knewn and some new ones that I didn't know. Chatted it up a bit and then as always, I was out. It was a great night and it was a great night for such an event. 

CITY OF KINGS:A History of New York City Graffiti Show will be running at The Howl! Happening: November 19 - January 15, 2023.

Howl! Arts/Howl! Archive: December 3 -January 29, 2023.(250 Bowery Secound Floor, New York)


 https://www.amny.com/entertainment/arts-entertainment/lower-east-side-exhibit-history-graffiti/?fbclid=IwAR0tpSXgzilphGG1k3UKJeMbljhKLvNKe4SZhbsSIMlfN6dYm7NP4DVyOds

Comments