NIC ONE painting gate on Troutman St in Brooklyn, on youtube


 Another dope painting session that went down. Out in Brooklyn New York. This time I had the pleasure of painting with my good friend and super talented graffiti artist FCEE. From Queens New York, down with the crew Old Queens Boys. He invited me to paint this huge roll down gate with him and I was very honored to do so. I had no idea that the gate would be so wide and so high. It took me by surprise when I first saw it. My first thought was, Ok think bigger, like much bigger than your last piece..lol. I instantly mentally default to freestyle mode. It's my normal mode of call to painting action. This time I spotted things out so that I could make full use of the space. Thing about painting a large space is, when you see a lot of space or realastate and you are not used to painting in such a larger space you can get thrown off and if proper care and attention is not noted before spraying your first lines. Things might not turn out as you might have thought they would. So I took my time and spotted each letter  working my way from left to right towards my end point all the while freestyling my letters. Once I finished the N.I.C. I still had about three feet of space to fill, so I did a simple style, O, N, E. I stepped back and thought, kool, happy with my execution I proceeded to go into full beast painting mode. The weather was on the nice an cool side as I started things in the shade but by the afternoon the sun came across and was blasting on the both of us. It was brutal I believe the temperature got into the 90s. Sun full on our backs. Luckily for me I was finishing my piece as the sun was starting to kick our asses. Fcee on the other hand had to power through the rough blazing sun as he worked on his piece and painted the entire background with his spray gun. The end results of our efforts can be seen in this video that I made and posted on my YouTube channel. (See Video Up Top).

Comments